Welcome to eNovation4D
We are a small group of UK based consultants working within the Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) and Mobile for Development (Mobile4D) sectors. We specialise in Innovation, Social Impact, Sustainability of projects and products targeting developing and emerging countries. We work with charities, international development organisations, social enterprises, service and technology led organisations and enterprises.
We are a virtual organisation, with a core team based in Kent and Oxford, and an extended network of consultants based in Sri Lanka, South Asia and Africa.
Continuous innovation is essential to keep up with the pace of this rapid change in the ICT space from telecentres, mobile phones to smart devices (Apps, Tabs and Smart-phones) ...............................................
Our innovation fibre is defined by telecentres (1997 – 2004), Sustainable product development (2005 – 2009), Mobile phone applications for development (2009 – 2011), Android Smart-phone for development (2011 – 2012), this has been achieved in conjunction with our partner organisation Sarvodaya-Fusion, Sri Lanka.
Our vision (Fixing ‘D’ of ICT4D)
Bridging the East and West will help improve efficiency and effectiveness of ‘development efforts’ in ICT4D sector. Our Social Impact tool is one example where we have combined capabilities of Sarvodaya-Fusion based in Sri Lanka and eNovation4D UK to design a unique product to demonstrate the complex impact pathways of ICT programmes, this is achieved using a simple star chart, yet embedding the rigorous ‘theory of change’ methodology.
Converging West to East, we could help development organisations in South Asia & Africa integrate telecentres with mobile phones, this is done through an SMS text based trading platform for rural farmers, enabling them to trade with external markets, utilising social media like Facebook to trade their cottage products, and integrate Android SmartPhones to on-going micro-credit programmes.
Our consultants have channelled this depth and breadth of first hand experiences with multiple clients in West including international development organisations such as IDRC, telecentre.org, FAO, UNDP, UCTAD, USAID,CTA, CABI, and national charities such as Charity Bank, and emerging social enterprises such as Tech4Trade.
Our knack for research is evident in our invited presentations at UK academia (University of Cambridge, University of London, University of Manchester), and research publications, discussion paper and e-book.
- "...understood the unique needs of our organisation and translated them into practical recommendations" Charity Bank, UK
- "...provided some valuable sector-specific knowledge for a new business development project and worked well alongside our in-house team." CABI
- "...understands very well the increasing linkages between technology, entrepreneurship at the basis of the pyramid and development in a globalization era." telecentre.org
- "...dynamic, experienced, multi-disciplinary professional, with a genuine passion for international development." Walter Fust, GKP
- "...true visionary when it comes to social enterprise and economic development. Brings a mix of practicality, tenacity and deep insight from years of social movement organizing in Sri Lanka." Mark Surman, telecentre.org